Saturday, March 10, 2007

A homemaker's weekend

I always get excited on Fridays, coz Friday evenings signalled the start of the weekend, and weekends are supposed to be filled with fun and treats! Having said that, weekends are also when I do my house-keeping, chores like laundry, changing of sheets and covers, cleaning of toilets and floors. Although I am no longer working, I choose to still save my house chores till the weekend coz I want to feel the difference between working and not, i.e. I really want to enjoy my weekdays by just doing things that I enjoy doing, not spoil them with chores which I am already used to doing on weekends.

Anyway, yesterday I excitedly told Colin, "Yay! I'm so glad the weekend is here!!" He replied nondescriptly,"Everyday is weekend for you, you jobless girl." I pondered on his reply and realised that it was not entirely true. Firstly, he does not work on weekends which mean we get to spend more quality time together than on weekdays though he works from home on weekdays. Secondly, weekends are when we visit our folks for our once a week family get-together, which is nice, especially when Ah Boy is back from his studies.

Last evening, we went for a 7.30pm movie and my popcorn fix at Balestier Cineplex (we love to go there coz its the only place we can flop around in our shorts and flip flops and not have any problem whatsoever getting great seats for the latest released blockbusters). After the movie, we headed off to Zion Road hawker centre for a very satisfying supper.

We had my favourite prawn noodles from Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodles (we usually go for the $5 bowl, which comes with succulent tender pork ribs), Foo Kee's deep fried tofu with fish meat and fried vegetable fritters, and Lao Goh's fried carrot cake (all highly recommended!)

No comments: