Saturday, March 17, 2007

An eventful Saturday

This morning, I was at the market to buy some breakfast and my weekly dose of The Straits Times when something horrifying happened! A really pretty girl, probably in her early twenties, wearing a sexy tube dress (well, actually on hindsight, why was she all dressed up to come to the wet market?!) was at the newspapers stand next to me. She raised her arm to reach out for a copy of the papers when a strange smell wafted across my nose. I turned, and there it was, a bush of damp armpit hair staring back at me, just inches from my face! OMG! Startled, I dropped my papers, and ran away (yes, I ran).

I mean, girls, whilst natural beauty is great, please put in some effort in removing your underarm hair! Yes I know, hair removal can be tedious, painful, and expensive in some cases, but, please! Spare a thought for others around you who could be scarred for life with that close encounter with your armpit hair. And if you just simply insist on keeping them, at least keep them covered up coz they simply look disgusting, even on the most beautiful celebrities!

Nowadays, even some guys (not just the metrosexuals) are shaving their armpit hair for hygiene purposes (I hear Frank Lampard had inspired his fellow Chelsea mates to sport hairless armpits). So, come on, if even men can do it. Nuff said.

Apart from this horrid encounter, my day went great. Met up with my aunty Xianling to catch up over dinner at Vivo City. Well, actually Xianling is my daddy’s cousin, which makes her my aunty, but really, she is just the same age as me and we used to be faculty mates back in uni! However, today was actually the first time we hung out together and it was nice! She’s a really sweet girl and I realised today how alike we both were in many ways (it probably runs in the family!)
After scrutinising a few restaurants, we settled for Thai Express (some of the other restaurants were either too crowded with snaking queues, or too empty for our comfort. haha!) Anyway, here's what we had for dinner -

Popiah pancake

Stuffed chicken wings

Prawn Toast (the most yummy of the 3 appetizers)

Olive fried rice with chicken (This one tasted better than it looked and oh, pardon my half eaten chicken wing at the left bottom corner)
Spicy basil chicken with rice (very spicy as it is fried with chilli padi, and oh, pardon Xianling's half eaten chicken wing at the top right hand corner. See what I just said? it runs in the family!:)

After a nice long dinner with Xianling, as I was driving out of Vivo City's carpark, I bumped into (not literally, of coz) my long-time-never-see, ever-elusive gal pal Shuying. I have been trying to ask Shuying out for what feels like eternity, but we have never gotten to meet up due to her extremely busy schedule (haha!) and there she was, car next to mine! We both rolled down our windows and chatted for a precious 60 seconds before the traffic light changed colours and we had to be on our ways again. Sometimes the best things just happen when you least expect it! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG homemaker at 29! Long time no see, but fancy meeting u at the carpark.. U look as pretty and happy as always, and even my fren in the car commented that you look so radiant and happy! Must be enjoying ur 1 mth so far! Hopefully we can get to meet and catch up soon... Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Looking at the food makes me hungry again, especially the prawn toast! Yummy yummy! Let's meet up again sometime! Take care! :)

Ellen said...

Aww..thanks Shuying, calling me pretty and radiant! haha! :) I really hope we get to meet up SOON! And Xianling, thanks for the yummy dinner and the wonderful evening! Next time it will be my treat! :)
To both girls : Don't work too hard! Take care! *hugs*

Unknown said...

now i know why you mentioned IPL yesterday... hahaha!

Ellen said...

hahaha! yup girl, now you know! :)