Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Earthquake!!!

Yes, you read right! Today, at around 11.55am, as I was surfing the Chloe website next to Colin, who was busy clearing his 100+ emails, I turned to him and said "Darling, I feel quite giddy, maybe I'm still tired from our Bintan trip." He then replied "No love, our whole house is shaking! I think we are experiencing an earthquake!"

While Colin was trying to look around to see what was happening, I shouted "Let's run into our bomb shelter!" We both laughed, but I was quite serious, grabbing the kueh lapis we bought from Bintan (just in case), and pulling him by the hand into our bomb shelter. While inside, we both laughed while I got all melodramatic telling him I love him and am glad we were together at this time.

Approximately 90 seconds later, the tremors stopped and I immediately went to the CNA website which reported "Breaking News - Tremors felt in various parts of Singapore as Earthquake rattles Sumatra!" Being on the 20th floor, we felt the tremors strongly as we could literally feel our flat being swayed from left to right, to and fro! I could not but feel sad for the Indonesians who actually got the real-deal earthquake in Sumatra.

Ok, let's move on to something on a happier note. Our short Bintan getaway was fabulous! Golf-perfect weather, amazing sea-breezes, lovely food and wine, great company, cheap massages, what else could one ask for?
During this trip, I decided to tag along with the golfing trio and I got my first taste of driving a golf buggy. It was pretty fun and I learnt to appreciate the game, learning golf terms like birdie and par. My only gripe was that although the sun was gentle, and I had applied sun-protection, I ended up with streaks of sun burns all around my neck and arms! Haha! :)

On Saturday evening, we chilled by the bar to catch the match between Liverpool and Man U. My condolences goes out to all Liverpool fans out there. Liverpool played well and had dominated the entire match while Man U was almost completely lost in the game. However, with only minutes to go, and with only 10 men, Man U scored a goal which won them the crucial 3 points for the game! I was CRUSHED as I silently rooted for the "good guys" Liverpool who I thought "deserved to win" as they worked really hard on the pitch, with all their players running after every single ball. But, as Kao Fu put it, "This is life. Life is never fair, and can even be cruel sometimes." Fancy learning a life lesson from a soccer match!

No comments: