Friday, March 16, 2007

Cooking for one

Since i embarked on my home-maker journey, Colin has put his travelling on hold so as to spend more time with me. For the past 1 month, (incidentally, today is the 1st month anniversary of me being a home-maker! YAY!) Colin worked from home everyday, and we managed to spend a lot of quality time together, with me being extremely motivated and excited to cook and try new recipes (well, actually, all cooking is new to me!)

Alas, life still needs to go on, and Colin had to start travelling again. So, since the beginning of this week, I have been home alone, and weirdly, my motivation to cook left the house together with my husband. I mean, the effort in preparation and cleaning after didn't seem worth it when you are cooking for just one. After 2 days of instand noodles and junk food, I decided to snap out of this pathetic state coz after all, now's the best time for me to experiment before I present any new recipes to Colin! So, here are some photos of the meals I had in the past few days!
Dried Hong Kong noodles (Fortune brand) with braised mushroom and chestnuts

Porridge with minced pork balls, peanuts, and dried scallop (using rice cooker)

Stir fried pork with sze chuan vegetables (eaten with rice)
and for last night, Instand Noodles! (yea alright.....so I ran out of ideas again....haha!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If not for the photos, I would never believe that you could be a home-maker! Colin is a lucky man!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the power of love .. way to go! U have my support all the way! Jia You!